Re: the Yale argument on open-choice

Sandy is absolutely right. You merely have to compare the average
nonprofit journal subscription price with the average
corresponding for-profit to see that nonprofits have deliberately
NOT chosen to maximize their revenues (look at Bergstrom's data
at journalprices.com, for example). Most nonprofits strike a
balance between keeping subscription prices low to enhance the
dissemination of information, yet high enough to support
educational and research activities crucial to the association's
mission.

Peter Banks
Banks Publishing
Publications Consulting and Services