AIP Releases Enhanced Backfiles

*Please excuse cross-posting*

Cited-Article Links Help Users 'Follow the Research'

Melville, New York, March 21, 2007 - The American Institute of
Physics is pleased to announce the release today of enhancements
to its digital backfiles. For each of the AIP journals listed
below, hyperlinked references have been added to the
bibliographic headers for the years 1991-1998. This will allow
users to click on references and follow links to the cited
articles, a function already available for AIP's 'born digital'
content from 1999 to the present.

"This is only the first phase of our project to build links to
and from AIP's older legacy content," said Paul DeCillis, manager
of online services. "We plan to have linkable references to cited
articles for all AIP journal content back to 1930 and 1931, when
AIP began publishing Review of Scientific Instruments and Journal
of Applied Physics, respectively. This older content is
remarkably well-used, and researchers will now benefit from
easy-to-use links to cited research papers."

AIP journals, hosted on Scitation (www.scitation.org), also
provide links to articles that cite the AIP articles. Together,
these forward and backward links - to both cited and citing
articles - offer rich pathways through the research literature
for any user.

Each AIP journal has been digitized back to its first volume, and
backfiles older than five years are available online to
subscribers for a small fee in addition to the regular
subscription price. All AIP journals include at least a five-year
backfile with current subscriptions (the journal Chaos, a
quarterly, includes all published issues back to 1991 with
current subscriptions).

The following journals now have enhanced references for all
content published from 1991 through 1998:

Applied Physics Letters					http://apl.aip.org
Chaos:
   An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science     http://chaos.aip.org
Journal of Applied Physics 				http://jap.aip.org
The Journal of Chemical Physics 			http://jcp.aip.org
Journal of Mathematical Physics   			http://jmp.aip.org
Physics of Fluids 					http://pof.aip.org
Physics of Plasmas 					http://pop.aip.org
Review of Scientific Instruments 			http://rsi.aip.org

To view these enhanced abstracts, simply follow the links above.
Also, we'd be pleased to show them to you in person at the ACRL
Conference, March 29-31, in Baltimore. We invite you to visit us
at booth #1046.

For more information, contact:

Christine Orr
Marketing Manager