Re: Summary paper from the Publishing Research Consortium

David,

The answer to your question is, Because this ("We would cancel") is what librarians say when asked the following question: If all the articles in final form from a subscription-based journal were available for free, would you continue to subscribe to the journal?

There are important words in that question: "all" and "final form."

I really cannot understand how you can persist in insisting that people will pay for what they can get for free.

Businesspeople talk to their customers.

Joe Esposito