From: "Heather Morrison" <heatherm@eln.bc.ca>
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: Post Brussels : Elsevier and Australian STM debate 'sprouts'

Anthony Watkinson says:

heavy technology items like manuscript submission systems have added
to the editorial costs
http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/ListArchives/0703/msg00052.html

Perhaps this was true a few years ago - but no longer!  There is now
free, open source software, such as Open Journal Systems:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ojs

Plus, highly affordable hosting and support options, such as the
services provide by the Scholarly Exchange, who provides a free first
year and second-year hosting at $750 US per year.  Scholarly Exchange
also offers a revenue sharing advertising option, which means that
journals can actually earn revenue from being hosted at Scholarly
Exchange:
http://www.scholarlyexchange.org/

Heather Morrison