NetLibrary Announcement

Of possible interest, thanks to Tony Ferguson at Hong Kong U.
__________________

From: OCLC Users Council (Private) [mailto:UC-L@OCLC.ORG] On Behalf Of
Gunderson,Bunny
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 4:16 AM
To: UC-L@OCLC.ORG
Subject: FW: NetLibrary Announcement

Jay Jordan wants to make sure you are informed about this management change.

Effective February 15, 2007, Rich Rosy and I have decided this is the right time for a leadership change at NetLibrary. Rich's strong business development skills have enabled much of the growth and market presence that NetLibrary enjoys today. I know you will join me in recognizing Rich for his contributions. Rich has agreed to assist us with any key transition issues going forward.

I have asked Rick Schwieterman, Vice President of Finance and CFO, to assume management responsibility for NetLibrary effective today. Rick will work closely with the management team in Boulder, our content partners, our library users, our regional service providers and other OCLC operating units. Rick and I are confident that the NetLibrary team will work together to bring current projects to fruition and to continue to provide superior service to their global user base.

NetLibrary is a vital and important component of OCLC's overall business strategy. This leadership change is not an indication of any shift in business strategy related to NetLibrary. It is our intention to continue to develop a strong content offering and we have no plans for additional staff changes.

Please provide Rick and the NetLibrary team with your full support as they
work through this transition and continue to deliver on important
projects. If you have questions, feel free to contact Rick Schwieterman or
me.

*****