Re: Query Re Library Responsibility for Library Patrons' Use

I see the statement or ones like it now and then. There's no way my institution can sign a license with something like this in it; accordingly, we try to get it removed or work in some sort of mutual indemnification.

Andrew

--
Andrew Waller
Serials Librarian

Cheryl Kugler wrote:

I have recently come across a sentence in several license
agreements which explicitly states that the library, the
licensee, will be responsible for misuse of the resource by its
patrons and the Licensee will be responsible for for any losses
which result. The wording may vary somewhat. Have any of you
encountered this statement or a similar one? How did you handle
it? Thanks for your help.

Cheryl C. Kugler
Head, Bibliographic Access Services
Honnold/Mudd Library