Hindawi completes its OA journal transition

Press Release
February 21, 2007

Hindawi completes its OA journal transition

"Hindawi Publishing Corporation" is pleased to announce the conversion of the last two of its subscription based journals, "EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing" and "International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences," to open access.

"EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing" has been published by Hindawi in collaboration with the "European Association of Signal Processing" since 2001 and is edited by Prof Ali H. Sayed of the University of California, Los Angeles, USA. The journal is covered in all major indexing databases, including both Scopus and ISI Web of Science.

"International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences" has been published since 1978 as a subscription based journal and is edited by its founding managing editor, Prof Lokenath Debnath of the University of Texas--Pan American, USA. The journal is indexed in MathSciNet, Zentralblatt MATH, Scopus, among several other indexing databases.

"We didn't have a firm time frame for completing our OA transition when we started this process in late 2004," said Ahmed Hindawi, co-founder and CEO of Hindawi. "However, we are pleased to have completed the process in a bit over two years. Now that we have the legacy publishing model behind us, it is time to fully concentrate on aggressively growing our OA publishing program."

Hindawi publishes 64 open access journals covering several areas in Engineering, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Physical Sciences. Hindawi is currently the only open access publisher with such a diversified OA journal collection.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Senior Publishing Developer
Hindawi Publishing Corporation