Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 7:13 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Wikipedia?

This does remind me of the story of the two watches. One of them
tells you the absolutely correct time, twice a day; the other
never tells you the correct time. Which watch do you trust? It
helps if you know that the first watch is broken and the second
just 5 minutes fast.

The comprehensiveness and up-to-date-ness of Wikipedia
compensates for its small inaccuracies, especially if you can't
find at all what you're looking for in traditional reference
sources (which are by no means flawless, either). With few
exceptions, is it not better to be somewhat informed than
absolutely ignorant?

Jan Velterop