Wikipedia?

Surprising article in today's Slashdot summary:

| Wikipedia On the Brink? Or Crying Wolf? |
| from the all-about-the-benjamins dept. |
| posted by CowboyNeal on Saturday February 10, @11:52 (The Interne|
| http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/10/1515233 |

[0]netbuzz writes "Might Wikipedia 'disappear' three or four months from now absent a major infusion of cash donations? The [1]suggestion has been made by Florence Devouard, chairwoman of the Wikimedia Foundation. And while her spokesperson has since backpedaled off that dire prediction, there can be little doubt that the encyclopedia anyone can edit could use a few more benefactors to go along with all those editors."

JE: I find this to be astonishing. If the Wikipedia cannot get widespread financial support on a volunteer basis, I don't know what can.

Joe Esposito