Re: The creeping erosion of the COUNTER Code of Practice is not accept

Dear Bernd-Christoph,

IngentaConnect usage reports will be COUNTER 2 compliant very soon, and in the meantime we have removed the outdated references to COUNTER-compliance from our marketing materials. I can assure you that this has been a matter of oversight rather than an attempt to falsely claim compliance with Release 2.

I also wish to reassure list readers that IngentaConnect usage data is accurate and correct, but does not currently conform to the COUNTER standards because we do not split out HTML from PDF article downloads. We are making changes to our reports to add these fields and hope to appear on the list of compliant vendors again very soon.

Best wishes,

Kirsty Meddings
Product Development Manager
IngentaConnect
Phone: +44 (0)1865 397800
Direct: +44 (0)1865 397838

http://www.ingentaconnect.com
IngentaConnect: the home of scholarly research

bernd-christoph.kaemper@ub.uni-stuttgart.de wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

It is not acceptable that large vendors like Ingenta, Swets and Wiley for their usage statistics refer to the COUNTER Code of Practice and claim to be COUNTER compliant although they have missed to adapt to Release 2 valid since January 2006 and thereby are noncompliant now for more than a year.

Three examples:

Ingenta:

Library Services Overview

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/download/ingentaconnect/Library_services_summary.pdf

- COUNTER, SUSHI and OpenURL compliant
How to ... download free COUNTER-Compliant Usage Statistics
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/about/librarians/resourcezone/howto_counter
[SNIP]