Atypon appoints Chris Beckett as Vice President of Sales & Marketing

The below news may be of interest to Liblicense-l readers:

SANTA CLARA, California.  January 29, 2007

Atypon Systems, Inc. today announced the appointment of Chris
Beckett as Vice President of Sales & Marketing. Chris will join
Atypon on February 1, 2007, and will be responsible for
overseeing sales, marketing, and customer development.

Martin Marlow, who has driven Atypon's sales & marketing growth
over the last twelve months, will now be free to focus on other
areas of corporate development. He will also continue to lead the
Atypon international office in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.

Martin commented: "I am excited that Chris is coming on board to
further strengthen Atypon's senior management team. When he
became available it was a natural choice for me to talk with him
about the opportunity to work at Atypon, and I am delighted that
he accepted. I now have the time to work on developing other
areas of Atypon knowing that, under Chris's leadership, sales and
marketing will continue its impressive growth."

Chris has over 25 years of senior executive experience in product
development and sales and marketing. He was a Co-Founder of
Scholarly Information Strategies, a consultancy that specialized
in assisting publishers, libraries and infomediaries to develop
and deliver electronic products and services. He has also worked
for Blackwell Information Services, CatchWord, and Ingenta; is a
regular speaker at industry conferences; and a qualified
librarian.

Georgios Papadopolous, CEO of Atypon, said: "As our business
continues to expand we look to develop the corporate
infrastructure to support the growth. Chris is a hugely
experienced and respected leader from within the publishing
industry, he will offer great value to Atypon. Martin has done an
excellent job getting the sales and marketing side of the
organization to a position where he can comfortably and reliably
hand over the baton. I now look forward to working closely with
him on a number of strategic initiatives and growth plans we have
been discussing for some time."

Chris Beckett added: "This is an exciting time to be joining
Atypon. They have an exceptional team, and a reputation for
building reliable, scalable, and innovative solutions,
demonstrated by an impressive list of clients. I welcome the
chance to work with Atypon's sales and marketing teams and the
challenge of further developing the business."

About Atypon

Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has provided software, hosting, and systems
development to the information industry, allowing publishers to grow their
business by providing superior technology and service that supports the
electronic exchange of scholarly information. Atypon's solutions include
Atypon Premium, a complete e-publishing solution for publishers who wish to
manage the entire process of delivering and managing their content online,
and Atypon Link, a cost effective, aggregated hosting platform for
publishers who require a well managed, outsourced e-publishing service. For
further information please visit www.atypon.com

Nash Pal
Strategic Marketing Manager
Atypon Systems, Inc.