Re: Stop fighting the inevitable - and free funds for open access!

Rather than watch him fence with those who find the news depressing, I would be *much* more interested in hearing Peter's views (as a publisher) on the Nature article (http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:5584.488570120/rid:e3e4a8b51811b488325833e38df79bc5), and the apparent decision by some of his colleagues to hire Eric Dezenhall (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Eric_Dezenhall) to engage in "media massaging" -- with the aim of trying to ward off the relentless march of Open Access.

I would also be very keen to hear the views of the AAP, Elsevier, Wiley and ACS, all of whom Nature reports as being involved in the decision to hire Dezenhall, and all of whom have employees who appear to monitor this list.

Richard Poynder
Freelance Journalist
www.richardpoynder.com
http://poynder.blogspot.com