RE: Decision making by Libraries on serials and monographs and useage (re puzzled by self-archiving thread)

I appreciate that your 5% figure for increased 'access and
efficiency' is entirely hypothetical.

However, could you explain to us all:

1)  How you arrive at the assumption that x% more access leads to
x% more benefit (I would have thought it logical to assume that
the benefit tapered off, given that core users will already have
access to the material which is most important to them)?

2)  How you propose to achieve x% increase in efficiency (which I
think means relevance)?

Thanks

Sally Morris
Consultant, Morris Associates (Publishing Consultancy)