European Commission Conference: "Scientific Publishing in the European Research Area

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Celina.RAMJOUE@ec.europa.eu <Celina.RAMJOUE@ec.europa.eu>
Date: Jan 15, 2007 9:31 AM
Subject: 15-16 Feb. 2007 - European Commission Conference: "Scientific
Publishing in the European Research Area - Access, Dissemination, and
Preservation in the Digital Age"
To: ann.okerson@yale.edu

Dear Ann,

Is there any chance you might be able to post this for me on the
liblicense list, making sure beforehand that the link works?

*****

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

Brussels, 15-16 February 2007: European Commission conference:
"Scientific Publishing in the European Research Area - Access,
Dissemination, and Preservation in the Digital Age"

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE ON 31
JANUARY 2007 ***

European Commission Conference: Scientific Publishing in the
European Research Area - Brussels, 15-16 February 2007

On 15-16 February 2007, the European Commission is hosting a conference in
Brussels entitled "Scientific Publishing in the European Research Area -
Access, Dissemination, and Preservation in the Digital Age".

The conference is a joint initiative of the Research and
Information Society Directorate Generals. Commissioner Potonik
and Commissioner Reding will be speaking at the conference.

The goal of this event is to bring together all stakeholders
concerned with access, dissemination and preservation issues in
connection with scientific publication and data in an effort to
provide policy options for scientific publishing under FP7 and in
the European Research Area.

The conference programme and registration information can be found at:
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/page_en.cfm?id=3D3459>

Attendance is free of charge, but registration is required and places are
limited. Registration will close on 31 January 2007.

We kindly ask you to disseminate information about this conference to your
networks and mailing lists as we hope that it will provide the opportunity
for all stakeholders to voice their opinions and collaborate to shape the
future of European policy in this area.

Scientific Publications Team
European Commission
Research Directorate-General