JADA Online License Agreement

Are any other libraries having difficulty with the new
institutional site license agreement the American Dental
Association is requiring for the Journal of the American Dental
Association (JADA)?  I have identified the following problems
with the license agreement:

- it requires the University to ensure (instead of use reasonable
efforts to ensure) that authorized users will not remove any
copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices

- it expressly prohibits classroom use of the journal

- it does not contain the standard indemnification stating that
ADA has the right to license use of the licensed materials and
will indemnify the University from the claims of any third party
alleging infringement of copyright

- it requires that the agreement be governed by the law of
Illinois

The ADA's attorney refuses to make changes to the license
agreement for an individual library and says that all other
libraries have signed the license agreement as is.

Please email me if you have negotiated changes to the license
agreement or are attempting to do so.

Thanks for your help.

Michele M. Shipley
Assistant Director for Digital & Branch Libraries
University of Rochester
Health Science Libraries & Technologies
EG Miner Library
601 Elmwood Avenue