Re: Sally Morris

Dear Fred and All: As Fred writes, Sally Morris is indeed a very special person and all of our communities owe her immense thanks. In addition to the dialog opportunities noted below, Sally brought to ALPSP a renewed level of energy, vitality, and programmatic achievement. The organization expanded significantly, commissioned and promulgated useful studies, upped the number of useful programs, workshops, and training courses, launched major and successful initiatives, and reached out in partnership to many of us in appropriate and productive ways. Sally is always forthright, down-to-earth, rational, clear, and imaginative, qualities of high value.

It's my understanding that while retiring from ALPSP, Sally is hardly leaving the scholarly communications world, as she will be editing the journal Learned Publishing and bringing to it the same kind of thoughtfulness and excellence we have come to expect from any Sally Morris-led activity. I hope we will continue hearing from her as she takes on this new role.

Warm wishes to Sally and to all for 2007,

Ann Okerson/Yale Library