The University of Chicago Press selects Atypon as Trusted Technolo=

The following may be of interest to readers of this list.

-----

The University of Chicago Press selects Atypon as Trusted
Technology Partner

CHICAGO, Illinois and SANTA CLARA, California =97 December 13, 2006

After an extensive tendering process, the University of Chicago
Press announced today it has selected Atypon Systems, Inc. to
develop an integrated publishing platform for its online journals
content, hosted at www.journals.uchicago.edu.

The University of Chicago Press, Journals Division (UCP)
publishes nearly 50 prominent journals and hardcover serials in a
wide range of disciplines. After careful research of the
e-publishing industry, UCP selected Atypon Systems to provide a
complete e-publishing solution for the entire process of
delivering and managing content online. Atypon Premium provides
"next level" technologies and strategic advice, reinforcing the=
University of Chicago Press's commitment to the international
dissemination of scholarly content online.

Georgios Papadopoulos, CEO of Atypon Systems, said: "We are proud
to be selected as UCP's technology partner. With Atypon Premium,
UCP will benefit not only from our proven technology, but also
from Atypon's dedicated client support infrastructure and
business development consultancy services. Increasingly, Atypon
is being seen as the natural choice for the successful delivery
of complete e- publishing solutions to the scholarly publishing
industry. We will work closely with UCP to help them provide the
best service for their readers, now and in the future.

Nawin Gupta, Journals Division Manager of the University of
Chicago Press said: "We sought a high-performance, reliable, and
extensible electronic publishing platform that allows us to best
meet the needs of our readers, editors, and scholars worldwide.
Atypon Premium will provide dedicated support moving forward,
allowing for innovative practices and stable access to the
growing portfolio of University of Chicago Press journals.

About Atypon

Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has provided software, hosting,
and systems development to the information industry, allowing
publishers to grow their business by providing superior
technology and service that supports the electronic exchange of
scholarly information. Atypon's solutions include Atypon Premium,
a complete e-publishing solution for publishers who wish to
manage the entire process of delivering and managing their
content online, and Atypon Link, a cost effective, aggregated
hosting platform for publishers who require a well managed,
outsourced e-publishing service. For further information please
visit http://www.atypon.com.

About the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division

Founded in 1891, the University of Chicago Press is the largest
American university press. The Journals Division publishes
periodicals and serials in a wide range of disciplines, including
several journals that were the first scholarly publications in
their respective fields. Online since 1995, the Journals Division
has also been a pioneer in electronic publishing, delivering
original, peer- reviewed research from international scholars to
a worldwide audience. For more information please visit www.journals.uchicago.edu.

Nash Pal
Strategic Marketing Manager
Atypon Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 870 350 2032
Email: npal@atypon.com

Suzanne Wu
Publicity Manager
Journals Division
The University of Chicago Press
Tel: 773-834-0386
E-mail: swu@press.uchicago.edu

###
---2071850956-1331749794-1166847562=:19085--