Update to ProQuest Information & Learning Customers from PresidentDavid "Skip" Prichard

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:08:15 -0800
From: ProQuest <ProQuestmail99@il.proquest.com>
To: ANN OKERSON <ann.okerson@yale.edu>
Subject: Update to ProQuest Information & Learning Customers from President
David "Skip" Prichard

Dear Colleagues:

What a year! You might have seen the recent Library Journal article headlined "ProQuest Keeping Busy"-that really made me smile.We have been busy in 2006, a year that has been challenging in every sense of the word. On your behalf, we've been not just busy, we've been driven... driven to deliver the type of solutions that make research more effective, more efficient-in short, solutions that help you and your constituents. In the process, as you can see from our financial results reported today, we turned the business back to profitability.

In 2006, we launched a record number of new solutions. Historical Annual Reports, ProQuest Obituaries, and ProQuest Accounting & Tax with Standards are examples of the exciting new offerings that have been met with praise by reviewers and industry journalists.We continued to expand our solutions in such key research areas as the 19th century, in world literature, in medicine and health, and in historical and current newspapers.Your support of these new and enhanced solutions is the best endorsement we could want. And more is on the way-just wait until the ALA Midwinter Conference launch of the new ProQuest One Click searching&#8482;, sure to make a significant difference for serious researchers!

But to me and to our employees worldwide, ProQuest is about more than information solutions. It's about community, advocacy, and support. One of the greatest highlights of the year for me is the donation of our Baton Rouge shelter library to New Orleans Public Library to house their temporary Algiers branch. "Proud" is an understatement for how I feel about what our associates have accomplished this year.

We have striven to be your partner of choice, and I want to thank each of you for your continued support.

Today, our headline is changing to read: "ProQuest Information and Learning combining with Cambridge Scientific Abstracts." I am absolutely delighted that Cambridge Information Group sees the ProQuest that I see-a company with a wonderful reputation; loyal customers; a talented product creation team; a world class sales and service organization.

I want to assure you that the ProQuest Information and Learning Company as a whole is joining CSA. That means all of your contracts, license rights, and account balances will be intact.

How smart to pair us with CSA. ProQuest Information and Learning is a leader in business, history, literature, and news. CSA is a leader in social sciences, natural sciences, arts and humanities. The combined offerings of these leading players will increase the value of these services to you, our valued customers. I believe that ProQuest Information and Learning and CSA will be a winning combination, offering high quality, customer-driven information solutions for years to come.

For now, our focus will be very much business as usual. Following the close of the sale, a dedicated transition team will work together to ensure that customers, partners, and associates benefit from the combined resources and expertise of these premier organizations.

We continue to make progress in the completion of the restatement of our past financials. Our parent, the ProQuest Company, will have the responsibility for the completion of the restatement.

Thank you for your support in 2006. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and best wishes in the New Year.

David "Skip" Prichard
President

####