From: "Sullenberger, Diane" <DSullenb@nas.edu>
To: "Sally Morris (Chief Executive)" <sally.morris@alpsp.org>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: RE: Study Identifies Factors That Could Lead to Cancelled
Subscriptions

Hi Sally,

In 2000, we were free after one month. We lost 11% of our paid subscribers in 2001, higher than the industry average, and we switched to 6 months in 2002. The move did not stem the loss in subscribers but it was reduced to 9% in 2002. We do not have hard data to show a causal effect of our one month policy, but the correlation certainly motivated a change.

Best,
Diane