Legal Review of Contracts

I have been the contract manager for a corporate library for a
number of years.  I am required to have legal review for every
document requiring a signature or containing legal terms.  One
unfortunate result of this is that my small-dollar contracts
often end up waiting a long time for review because they are low
priority.  I suspect that our rules are more stringent that those
in most organizations and I would like to provide some evidence
to my management to bolster my case that my Library needs more
autonomy in reviewing and signing contracts and license
agreements. To that end, I'd appreciate any feedback that
list-members can supply to the following questions.

Can contracts be reviewed by you or your library management
without the need to involve an attorney?

Does the library review contracts up to a specific dollar amount, above
which review must be handled by a lawyer?

If a contract for a new service is reviewed by a lawyer and
purchased for your institution, are you required to have a lawyer
review renewals, even if the renewal document only changes the
term of the agreement and the pricing?

Should anyone wish to contact me off-list, please do so.  If
there is sufficient response I will summarize for the list.

Regards,

Marianne Cirrito
Senior Manager, Library Operations
Purdue Pharma, LP