Hindawi Publishes its 1,000th OA Article in 2006

Press Release

Hindawi publishes its 1,000th OA article in 2006

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is pleased to announce that it has
published the 1,000th article in its open access journal
collection for 2006. This milestone provides an indication of the
significant growth of Hindawi=92s open access journal collection,
which contains 25 journals with published content in 2006.

"We are quite confident of our ability to scale up our open
access publishing program while maintaining or enhancing its
current levels of academic quality and financial performance,"
said Hindawi=92s co-founder and CEO Ahmed Hindawi. "With the
current level of almost 400 submissions a month, we expect to
publish about 2,000 open access articles in 2007."

Hindawi began experimenting with open access during 2003, using
an optional open access model. In 2004, we converted two
subscription-based journals to a full open access model. During
2005 and 2006 we launched more than a dozen new journals under
the open access model, and converted more than 25
subscription-based journals to open access.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Senior Publishing Developer
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
E-mail: paul.peters@hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing STM publisher with
55 journals in its collection. The company web site is located at
http://www.hindawi.com.
---2071850956-1690818320-1163509554=:24972--