MIT Collective Intelligence Laboratory launches the first wiki project to publishish a book

MIT Collective Intelligence Laboratory launches the first wiki
project to publish a book. The book will be written and published
by a community of users. Here is an invitation that was sent to
MIT Sloan community:

   The focus of our new book, tentatively titled We Are Smarter
Than Me, is just that: a guide to the landscape of community
knowledge and the identification of key principles to harness it.
Organized initially around the major business functions and
processes, the book will contain case studies of successes and
failures, and commentary on the lessons learned. But most
importantly, this book will (we hope) be written by hundreds or
thousands of people, each listed as an author. Using wiki
technology, the purpose of our experiment is to determine whether
a community approach applies to book-writing, and to harness the
knowledge of the community to advance the state of management.
You can learn more about how this will work by visiting
http://www.WeAreSmarter.org

   You are invited to participate in the project in a variety of
ways. This would include, but not limited to, making
contributions to current chapters, or creating new chapters if
you believe the current structure is too constraining (you can
review the current chapter structure on the website). Or you can
simply monitor the chapter(s) you feel are most relevant, and you
can provide commentary and content as you feel necessary. If you
are interested in participating in this project, please visit
http://www.WeAreSmarter.org to learn more about the project and
to sign-up as a project participant.

#####