Press Release: Thieme-connect Compliant with COUNTER 2

For immediate release:

Thieme-connect Compliant with COUNTER 2

Stuttgart - Thieme announces that Thieme-connect
(www.thieme-connect.com) is now compliant with COUNTER 2. Release
2, of the COUNTER code of practice, is a measuring tool that
provides standardized guidelines for quantification, creation,
and distribution of online usage data to institutional
subscribers. Thieme-connect is a gateway to scientific and
medical information.

The Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources
(COUNTER) has been developed to assist librarians, publishers,
intermediaries, and industry organizations by facilitating the
recording and exchange of online usage statistics. Having a
standard provides a way to research and compare usage information
from a wide variety of vendors, thus enabling users to make
informed decisions about online product categories.

Thieme-connect is a sophisticated, user-friendly service with an
medical and scientific journals. The online service, which
features interlinkage with major resources such as PubMed,
Chemport, and Web of Science, is essential for both the medical
and scientific communities.

"We implemented the requirements of release 2 of the COUNTER code
of practice this summer into our platform Thieme-connect. Next to
many minor adjustments, release 2 allows successful requests for
HTML and PDF full- text articles to be reported separately. This
feature provides our customers with greatly enhanced
possibilities to analyze the usage of the journals they subscribe
to via Thieme-connect and I am very pleased that we now can offer
this useful service to our customers," says Thomas Connertz,
Director Electronic Journals.

About Thieme

Thieme Publishing Group, based in Stuttgart, Germany, is a
privately held, medical and scientific publishing company. Thieme
employs 740 people and maintains offices in 7 cities, including
New York, Beijing, Delhi and Stuttgart. For 120 years, Thieme's
high-quality books and journals have been a vital resource for
scientists, physicians, researchers and academics. Thieme
publishes 130 peer-reviewed journals and over 500 new books
annually. All scientific and an increasing number of medical
publications are also available online. Please visit
www.thieme.com for additional information.

Contact:

Dr. Thomas Krimmer
Thieme Chemistry