Sent: 19 October, 2006 1:19 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: FTE-based pricing

Toby's proposal is quite logical. However quite impractical. It
calls for the publisher to negotiate, monitor and periodically
adjust the contract terms for every institutional subscription.
Additional staff of one to three moderately competent staffers to
manage a single journal. Now consider that a given publisher
might have 10-30-50, or in the case of the giants, hundreds of
journals.All of these costs will affect pricing negatively. Won't
happen.

Dick Gottlieb
Grey House