IUBMB Selects Wiley to Publish Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education

Contact:
David Greenberg
Wiley
201-748-6484
dgreenbe@wiley.com

IUBMB Selects Wiley to Publish Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Education

Hoboken, N.J., October 17, 2006 - Global publisher John Wiley &
Sons, Inc., today announced that it has been selected by the
International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB)
to publish Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education,
effective January 2007. Wiley will publish the journal in print
and online via Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley.com),
the company's online publishing platform.

Now in its 33rd year of publication, Biochemistry and Molecular
Biology Education is a leading publication aimed at promoting
quality biochemistry and molecular biology education, as well as
education in related fields such as biophysics and cell biology,
throughout the world.

"We look forward to working with the IUBMB to facilitate the
communication of both content and pedagogy which is of crucial
importance to educating the scientists of tomorrow," said Colette
Bean, Associate Publisher, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. "This is a
wonderful partnership opportunity for Wiley to build on its
strength as a recognized and respected publisher of textbooks,
reference works and journals that foster the education and
expansion of knowledge in biochemistry, molecular biology and
science education research."

Each issue covers important topics in the field such as
innovative teaching/learning techniques and practices; methods of
assessing the effectiveness of new educational approaches;
reviews of key areas of biochemical knowledge; research in
biochemistry and molecular biology education; descriptions of
important web-based materials and software; and details of tried
and tested laboratory experiments. The journal also features
reviews of books and other teaching aids such as websites,
videotapes, transparency and slide sets, and computer software.

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education is led by
Editors-in-Chief Dr. Donald Voet, Department of Chemistry,
University of Pennsylvania; and Dr. Judith G. Voet, Department of
Chemistry, Swarthmore College.

Wiley publishes two textbooks authored by the Voets: Biochemistry
3/e and Fundamentals of Biochemistry 2/e, co-authored by
Charlotte Pratt. The textbooks are leaders in the field of
undergraduate/graduate biochemical education and they reflect the
authors' keen attention to the latest developments in research
and teaching.

"Wiley's Higher Education division has been our textbook
publisher for over 16 years, and we have had only good
experiences with their professionalism and concern for quality,"
said the Voets. "As Co-Editors-in-Chief of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology Education, we look forward to extending our
relationship to include the company's Scientific, Technical, and
Medical division and Wiley InterScience."

"It is with great enthusiasm that the IUBMB welcomes Wiley as the
new publisher of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education,"
said Angelo Azzi, President-Elect, IUBMB. "In their professional
hands, the journal will continue to develop as a valuable
teaching instrument for biochemistry and molecular biology
faculty and students in the United States and around the world."

###