Column on licenses

I recently published a column with my partner Mike Shatzkin in Publishers Weekly. The topic is the need for publishers to craft end-user licenses with every product they ship, including hardcopy books, as a means to make litigation unnecessary. Here is the link:

http://publishersweekly.com/article/CA6378889.html?display=community&industry=Soapbox&verticalid=792

If that link gets broken, go to http://publishersweekly.com and search for the "Soapbox" feature.

I would appreciate hearing online or off from members of the library community as to how to improve the position Mike and I are taking in this column. We talk to publishers all the time; once in a while they actually listen to us.

Thank you.

Joe Esposito