Journals along with other databases in a single search. Library
patrons can conduct a MetaSearch across these heterogeneous
resources, or link direct to the Cambridge Journals native
interface at www.journals.cambridge.org

The Cambridge University Press XML gateway was collaboratively
developed by Cambridge University Press and Ex Libris using the
SRU protocol.

As a genuine not-for-profit publisher, Cambridge University Press
has an ongoing commitment to serve the academic community. In
keeping with this policy, MetaLib was chosen as a means to give
libraries even faster access to the high quality scholarly
research held on the Cambridge Journals platform.

"We believe that MetaLib and metasearch will help our readers
reach our content and that use of the SRU protocol has provided
an effective way to do this," noted Chris Fell, Systems
Development Manager for Journals at Cambridge University Press.

Nina Keren-David, MetaLib Support, Implementation and
KnowledgeBase Manager, adds, "We are delighted to be the first
metasearch application to offer its customers access to Cambridge
Journals Online, which includes articles from more than 200
academic journals published by one of the world's most
prestigious academic publishers. Cambridge Journals Online is one
of our MetaLib user community's most-requested databases. We are
pleased that Cambridge University Press shares Ex Libris'
commitment to using standards-based technologies that provide
effective, stable searching platforms, and in the collaborative
effort that resulted in release of the new Cambridge University
Press XML gateway."

The new compliance with MetaLib is just a part of the process of
continuous technical upgrade being implemented by Cambridge
Journals. Building on the success of the bespoke Cambridge
Journals platform, which runs cutting-edge multiple-server
technology, Cambridge University Press is continuing to invest in
the latest technology to ensure the best possible service to the
academic community. The coming year will see further improvements
to both the Cambridge Journals web site and other back-end
systems. Beyond this, experienced in-house developers will be
conducting an ongoing and continuous programme of improvement.

About Cambridge Journals

Cambridge University Press publishes over 220 peer-reviewed
academic journals across a wide spread of subject areas, in print
and online. Many of these journals are the leading academic
publications in their fields and together they form one of the
most valuable and comprehensive bodies of research available
today.

About Cambridge University Press

Cambridge University Press is the publishing division of the
University of Cambridge, one of the world's leading research
institutions and winner of 81 Nobel Prizes. Cambridge University
Press advances learning, knowledge and research worldwide. It
publishes nearly 220 journals and over 2,500 books a year for
distribution in more than 200 countries.

About Ex Libris

Ex Libris is a leading worldwide developer and provider of
high-performance applications for libraries, information centers,
and researchers, with installations in 62 countries. ALEPH, the
Ex Libris integrated library solution, has been installed at over
1700 sites worldwide. MetaLib, the information portal for library
collections, and SFX, the context-sensitive linking solution for
heterogeneous electronic resources in the scholarly information
environment, have collectively been purchased by over 950
institutions in 40 countries. DigiTool, a solution for the
construction of digital collections, and Verde, the electronic
resource management (ERM) system, have been warmly adopted by
customers worldwide. Primo, our next-generation, user-centric
discovery and delivery solution--and the newest addition to the
Ex Libris product suite--was launched at the ALA Annual
Conference in New Orleans in June 2006. For additional
information on Ex Libris, please see:
http://www.exlibrisgroup.com

Other links:

For Cambridge University Press Journals please go to
http://www.journals.cambridge.org
For Cambridge University Press please go to: http://www.cambridge.org
For The University of Cambridge please go to: http://www.cam.ac.uk

Cambridge University Press advances learning, knowledge and research
worldwide

Susan Soule
Journals Marketing Manager
Cambridge University Press, Americas