Follow up of EC-commissioned "Study on the economic and technical=09 evolution of the scientific publication markets in Europe"

As some of you know, the European Commission's Research
Directorate-General recently commissioned a "Study on the
economic and technical evolution of the scientific publication
markets in Europe"
(http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/pdf/scientific-publication-st=
udy_en.pdf).
This Study by the Universite libre de Bruxelles and the
Universite des Sciences Sociales (Toulouse) was published in
early 2006 and led to a public consultation, to which many of you
contributed.

Today, I am happy to be able to inform you that the synthesis of
the responses to the consultation and the individual=
contributions received are available online:

Synthesis of contributions:
http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/document_library/pdf_06/synthesis-consultation_en.pdf

Individual contributions:
http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/page_en.cfm?id=3D3186

The next steps planned by the European Commission are a
Communication on scientific information issues (late 2006)and a
conference to be held on 15-16 February 2007 in Brussels. Please
check our pages on scientific publication over the next weeks for
further information on these activities:
http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/page_en.cfm?id=3D3184.

Best regards,

Celina Ramjoue
European Commission, Research Directorate-General
Science, Economy and Society Directorate - Governance and Ethics Unit

rtd-scientific-publication@ec.europa.eu
celina.ramjoue@ec.europa.eu
---2071850956-761677521-1160178967=:4483--