Re: Taylor & Francis announce iOpenAccess

   Acreman, Beverley writes

> From October 2006, all authors whose manuscripts are accepted
> for publication in one of the iOpenAccess journals will have
> the option to make their articles freely available to all via
> the Journal's website for a one-off fee of $3100.

   That appears on the high end.

> Commenting on the launch of the initiative, Journals Publishing
> Director, Dr David Green, stated: "Taylor & Francis has a
> strong tradition of meeting the needs of the academic and
> scientific research communities over more than two centuries.
> We are introducing "iOpenAccess" only after the widest possible
> consultation with the editor, author and funder communities.

   What form did the consultation take?

   Who recommended such a high price?

   Are any results of the consultation available for reading?

   Cheers,

   Thomas Krichel                             mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                         http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                     RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel