IngentaConnect 2.5: new functionality, new publishers, new Google Scholar links

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to advise you about a few changes you will see on IngentaConnect from today, let you know about our latest work with GoogleScholar (and how it benefits you), and inform you of the latest publishers who will be adding content to the service in the near future.

Firstly, the latest release of IngentaConnect incorporates a number of
features driven by feedback from our users:

* Increased support for citation managers, with additional download formats
BibTeX and RDF now being offered alongside previously available
EndNote,ProCite and plain text.
* New social software interoperability enabling users to bookmark citations
to del.icio.us, FURL, CiteULike, Connotea and Bidsonomy with
just one click.
* Newly-architected page layouts to standardize display of user-interactive
options, and to increase visibility of tools at article-level
(the site's entry point for most users), thereby increasing
efficiency and usability.

The new pages have been designed to present our tools/options more consistently, by consolidating these in the right-hand navigation menu. The tools are now presented as expandable menu options, with headings of: Print, Subscription options, Article access options, Export option, Linking options, Alerting options, Bookmarking options. To read more about the rationale behind these changes, please see this posting on our blog: http://allmyeye.blogspot.com/2006/09/refining-article-page.html

In addition to these user-driven developments, you will soon notice discreet advertising on some pages of the site; we have introduced this to enable our publisher partners to explore alternative revenue streams for scholarly content. To view the full press release about these changes, please visit: http://www.ingenta.com/corporate/company/news/trade/ic_2_5.htm

As ever, we welcome your feedback about IngentaConnect -- please contact us at help@ingentaconnect.com if you would like to comment on these changes.

Secondly, we are working closely with Google Scholar at the moment to provide them with library holdings data, which will enable them to link your users to your subscriptions on IngentaConnect, even if you don't have a link resolver. Google Scholar will recognise users within the IP ranges you have registered with us, and add a prominent "Full Text@IngentaConnect" link to records from subscribed content. This will link your users to appropriate copies of articles and, we hope, save some of the frustration and costs of linking to unsubscribed content. We are pleased to be the first service Google have chosen to work with on this project. To read our full Google Scholar press release, please visit: http://www.ingenta.com/corporate/company/news/trade/google_library_links.htm

Thirdly, we are very pleased to let you know that the following publishers have recently signed to begin hosting their content with IngentaConnect:

American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Cambridge Medical Publications
Civic Research Institute
Inderscience Publishers
Mammal Research Institute
Norwegian University of Technology and Science
Oxford Economic Forecasting
Oxford International Review
Philosophia Africana
University of Iowa

In addition, Brill Academic Publishers have re-signed for a further 3
years' e-publishing via IngentaConnect. The full press release of this
announcement can be viewed at:
http://www.ingenta.com/corporate/company/news/trade/new_pubs_sep06.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us via help@ingentaconnect.com if you
have any queries or feedback.

With best wishes,

Kirsty Meddings
Product Development Manager
IngentaConnect
Phone: +44 (0)1865 397800
Direct: +44 (0)1865 397838

http://www.ingentaconnect.com
IngentaConnect: the home of scholarly research