RE: Question Re: Company of Biologists - Tier Pricing 2007

Dear Penny, thanks for your comment. Some other list users have
spotted this anomaly in the Company of Biologists tiered pricing
structure - thanks to them also for their feedback.

According to our website pricing schedule, in the case of tiers 1
and 2, print only is indeed given as being more expensive than
print plus online. We are currently updating our website to
clarify this. This situation arose from our intention firstly to
introduce lower prices for lower tiers and secondly our trying to
encourage print only subscribers in 2006 to move to print plus
online for 2007. It left us though with a price point for print
only that we didn't really want to use which may have caused
confusion.

We are in the process of contacting agents and subscribers to
explain that tier 1 and 2 print only subscribers would be better
off renewing as print plus online. As a default, we are sending
these customers invoices for print plus online. The response
we've had so far has been very positive, tier 2 subscribers like
Muhlenberg College have welcomed the opportunity of having print
plus online at slightly less than the print only rate they would
have been charged had the tier system not been introduced.

As requested EBSCO will renew for print plus online in due
course.

Best wishes

Nick

Nick Birch