Confidentiality clause is back in at Nature

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Some readers of this list might recall recent discussion of a
newly revised clause in Nature's license agreement, one which now
requires that the library keep both the license terms and the
price confidential. When I objected (strenuously) to this license
provision to my sales rep -- and mentioned the problem on-list --
I was told that the pricing confidentiality language was going to
be taken out and that pricing information was going to be posted
publicly.  Now the word from Nature is that the pricing
confidentiality language is staying in after all, even though it
is apparently still going to be posted publicly (if you figure
that one out, let me know).

If this bothers you, you may want to register your displeasure
with the company.  When I did so, I was told that "it's the
lawyers."  I've asked to speak with one of the lawyers.  We'll
see whether that happens.

FYI,
Rick Anderson

----