53 liberal arts college presidents endorse FRPAA

I thought readers of this list would be interested in the
following article, which appeared in Inside Higher Education on
Wednesday. It's primarily about a joint letter from 53 liberal
arts college presidents that endorses the Federal Research Public
Access Act.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2006/09/06/access

As a footnote, I was incorrectly quoted in the article as saying
the system of scholarly communication fundamentally "unstable."
The word I actually used was "unsustainable."

And as a second footnote, 56 presidents have now signed on to the
letter -- three- fourths of the institutions represented in the
Oberlin Group of Liberal Arts College Libraries.

Ray English
Director of Libraries
Oberlin College