Blackwell Publishing 2007 Price List and News Update

I am writing to let you know that Blackwell Publishing's 2007
Journals Price List is now available on our website here:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/cservices/pricelist.pdf

I would also like to take this opportunity to give you an update
of recent developments at Blackwell Publishing, and plans for the
future.

- More Journals Transferring to Blackwell in 2007

Blackwell is the publisher of choice for academic and
professional societies, as proven by the number of societies that
choose to transfer their publishing arrangements to us each year.
The societies we work with ensure that the journals we publish
meet the distinct needs of the discipline they serve.

So far more than 30 journals are confirmed as moving to Blackwell
for 2007.  These include Journal of Food Science, Philosophy and
Phenomenological Research, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Evolution, Hepatology Research, International Statistical Review,
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, and Social Anthropology.
We will also be publishing 8 cardiology journals in partnership
with Le Jacq in 2007.  5 journals will transfer from Blackwell in
2007.  The up-to-date list of journal changes for next year will
be in our September Librarians' Newsletter, due out next week.

- Continuous Investments in New Journals

We believe in making long term investments to support new
research areas with new journals, and to develop the journal
format to meet changing user needs.  Blackwell's innovative
Compass Collection provides online peer-reviewed survey articles
across the social sciences and humanities. In addition to the
Compass journals in History, Literature and Philosophy already
available, we will be launching Religion Compass, Geography
Compass, and Linguistics and Language Compass in 2007.

We will also be launching 7 more new journals in 2007 including
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, International Journal of
Urological Nursing, Mind, Brain and Education, Early Intervention
in Psychiatry, and Regulation and Governance.

- Blackwell Reference Online - Launching in December

We will soon be launching our first e-books product and the
largest collection of academic reference content to be made
available online. Blackwell Reference Online will provide
state-of-the-art search and browse functionality of nearly 300
reference volumes from the humanities and social sciences through
to business and economics, including our award-winning companions
and handbooks.  More information will follow.

- Digitized Journal Backfiles Back to Volume 1, Issue 1

This year we launched our backfiles digitization project and 205
titles are now available to order individually or in bulk.
Reduced rates are offered on all large orders or consortia
purchases.  The backfiles for up to 500 journals across all
disciplines and comprising 6.5 million pages will available
online by the end of 2008.  For more information, visit:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/backfiles

- Blackwell Synergy - New Features and New Look

We are continuously working to improve the usability and features
of our popular online journals platform and have many reference
links in place with a range of Abstracting and Indexing
databases.  New features added in the last year include RSS
alerts, citation alerts, top read articles, top cited articles,
and Z39.50 compliance.  In addition we have strengthened the
underlying architecture of the site and are making improvements
to the administration of IP blocks.

Blackwell Synergy will be relaunched at the end of this year with
an exciting new look designed to improve the speed and navigation
on the site.

- Top Quality List of Journals

According to ISI's 2005 Journal Citation Reports (JCR), Blackwell
is the leading publisher, measured by its share of articles
published, in 26 subjects including Agricultural Economics,
Allergy, Dermatology, Ecology, Family Studies, Gastroenterology
and Hepatology, Geography, International Relations, Nursing,
Political Science, Public Administration and Sociology.  It is
the second-ranked publisher in 29 more subjects, including
Economics, Entomology, Immunology, Law, Management, Microbiology,
Neuroscience, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Veterinary Science.
It is the third-ranked publisher in another 24 subjects.

Two-thirds of Blackwell journals increased their impact factor
from 2004 to 2005.  Blackwell now publishes 19 titles which are
the top-ranked title in their subject category, and 130 journals
that rank within the top 10 in their respective categories.

In all, Blackwell increased the number of published articles
recorded by JCR by 15.5% from 2004 to 2005, the highest growth
rate amongst all major publishers.

Blackwell is also a leading publisher of journals in the arts and
humanities, in subjects not covered by ISI's Journal Citation
Reports, such as Philosophy, Literature, Religion and Theology.

- Options for Subscribing to Online Journals

All institutional subscriptions to Blackwell Publishing journals
include an element of online access.  For the first time in 2007,
Standard print subscriptions will include online access to the
current and two previous years' content, increased from the one
year previously offered.  Premium subscriptions include print
plus online access to current content, content dating back to
January 1st 1997, and OnlineEarly articles published online
before print.  Online-Only subscriptions include the same access
rights as Premium.  Both Premium and Online-Only subscriptions
include archival rights to paid-for content.  In most cases,
Standard subscriptions are at 90% of the Premium price and
Online-Only subscriptions are at 85% of the Premium price.

Society journals represent excellent value for money with the
average subscription price of a Blackwell journal less than half
that of some of its major commercial competitors.

- Journal Collections offering Excellent Value for Money

We also offer a range of journal collections which enable
libraries to provide their patrons with access to hundreds more
journals for a fraction of the full subscription cost.
Blackwell Collections have high usage, providing excellent value
for money.  They enable researchers easily to click through to
the full text of articles they have identified through A&I
databases and search engines, regardless of whether the library
has historically subscribed to a particular journal, and support
increasing multi-disciplinary research.  Blackwell's collection
licensing terms also provide access to additional journals not
just for the period of the license, but full archival rights to
the licensed volumes, where Blackwell has society consents to
grant such rights.  For more information about the range of
licensing options available please contact your Blackwell
Publishing Account Manager.

- Contributing to the Open Access Debate

Blackwell has been proactive in the debate on opening access to
scholarly research, participating in several government committee
reviews and pursuing discussions with major funders.  We have
developed a new copyright assignment policy which allows authors
to self-archive their final version of their article on personal
websites or institutional repositories.  More than 100 of our
journals also now offer Online Open to authors, allowing them to
pay for free access to their articles.  For more information
visit:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/static/openaccess.asp?site=1

- Participating in the Evolution of Journal Publishing

Blackwell believes that it is essential to work in partnership
with others in the scholarly community, including societies,
libraries and other publishers.  Blackwell is a founding member
and provides significant management resources to several key
initiatives for improving access and the delivery of online
journals, including the developing world initiatives HINARI,
AGORA, OARE and INASP, the publisher protocols of COUNTER and
TRANSFER, and the archiving solution CLOCKSS.

We have also recently entered into a unique collaboration with
Thomson Scientific and ScholarOne that will provide authors,
editors and reviewers with tools to enhance each stage of the
manuscript review process.

- Making a Commitment to the Environment

In February, Blackwell became the first CarbonNeutral publisher,
reducing and offsetting the environmental impact of all our
activities. We hope that we will lead the way for others in
scholarly communications to become CarbonNeutral and we are
acting as consultants to a number of organizations.  For more
information, visit:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/carbonneutral

- Changes for IngentaConnect Customers

>From January 1st 2007, the full text of articles in Blackwell
Publishing journals will no longer be hosted on IngentaConnect.
Libraries wishing to continue to provide online access to these
journals should activate their access on Blackwell Synergy.  For
more information, visit:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/librarians/ingentaconnect.asp

If you would like more information about any of our products or
services mentioned in this letter, please contact your usual
Blackwell Publishing Account Manager, or send an email to
journal.news@blackwellpublishing.com

To keep up-to-date with the latest news please sign up for our
Librarians' Newsletter.  Visit:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/librarians

Best wishes,

Emily Gillingham
Library Marketing and Communications Manager
Blackwell Publishing
Tel: +44 1865 476425
Fax: +44 1865 471425
emily.gillingham@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com