SAGE Journals Now Available to the Michigan Library Consortium

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
David Horwitz
Vice President of Sales
SAGE Publications
david.horwitz@sagepub.com

SAGE JOURNALS NOW AVAILABLE TO THE MICHIGAN LIBRARY CONSORTIUM
Participating libraries gain access to complete list of SAGE journals

Thousand Oaks, CA; London, UK; and New Delhi, India (August 28,
2006) - SAGE Publications and CSA announced today that an
agreement has been signed, providing a comprehensive offering of
SAGE journals; known as SAGE Collections Plus, to the Michigan
Library Consortium (MLC).

The three-year agreement provides the twenty participating MLC
libraries with SAGE Collections Plus, comprised of the ten
discipline-specific SAGE Full-Text Collections, available on the
CSA Illumina platform, and the remaining SAGE Journals available
on the SAGE Journals Online platform, powered by HighWire Press.
The Collections Plus offering will provide MLC members with
access to over 400 SAGE journals.

"We're delighted to provide the participating Michigan libraries
with access to our peer-reviewed journals in the social science
and STM disciplines, many of which are ISI ranked," commented
David Horwitz, SAGE's Vice President of Sales. "Now MLC libraries
will join other consortia participants who have been enjoying
access to high-quality journals published by SAGE and
participating societies."

"Our consortium represents the majority of Michigan four-year
academic research libraries where a huge amount of research is
conducted," remarked Diana Mitchell, Member Services Manager of
the MLC. "We're pleased that our members will now be able to
delve even deeper into their studies with this new addition of
SAGE journals."

###

About SAGE

SAGE Publications is a leading international publisher of
journals, books, and electronic media for academic, educational,
and professional markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and
educate a global community of scholars,
practitioners,researchers, and students spanning a wide range of
subject areas, including business, humanities, social sciences,
and science, technology, and medicine. SAGE Publications, a
privately owned corporation, has principal offices in Thousand
Oaks, California, London, United Kingdom, and New Delhi, India.
www.sagepublications.com

About CSA

CSA is a worldwide information company that publishes and
distributes 100 bibliographic and full-text databases and
journals in four primary editorial areas: natural sciences,
social sciences, arts & humanities, and technology. www.csa.com

About Michigan Library Consortium

MLC is a non-profit membership organization comprised of all
types of Michigan libraries. MLC provides libraries with a
convenient, single point of contact for training, group
purchasing, and technical support for electronic resources. MLC
saves member libraries time and money.

Valerie Johns
Senior Marketing Manager
SAGE Publications