Question for some librarians......

As a publisher, I'm writing to get some feedback from some
librarians out there that may be able to help me get a feel for
how our current subscribers would react to a new pricing model.

Our magazine, Science News, currently has a significant number of
Institutional subscribers (mostly high schools, and public
libraries, mixed in with some universities and corporations) that
have been paying the same rate as individual subscribers ever
since our magazine has been in business, since 1921 to be exact.
In addition to that our individual subscription price hasn't gone
up since 2001.  We are leaning towards introducing increased
rates for institutions and offer a site license to our online
content and archives.  We intend to keep our pricing competitive
and much cheaper than most journals but even so, our rates for
our institutional subscribers would be increasing quite
significantly.

As a librarian, or any other type of institution, that is paying
hundreds of dollars for other journals, would it be difficult to
accept this significant change?  Or would most librarians
understand such a change in direction?  Any other concerns or
feedback would be much appreciated.

A little more about our magazine: Science News is an
award-winning weekly newsmagazine covering the most important
research in all fields of science. Its 16 pages each week are
packed with short, accurate articles that appeal to both general
readers and scientists.  There are 51 issues printed per year.
We are a non-profit organization.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Harry Rothmann