Wiley and the Royal Meteorological Society Expand Publishing Partnership

Contacts:

Julia Lampam
jlampam@wiley.com
(+44) 01243 770668

Sarah Fewster
sfewster@wiley.com
1-201-748-5628

Wiley and the Royal Meteorological Society Expand Publishing Partnership

Chichester, U.K., August 17, 2006 - John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.,
announced a publishing agreement with the Royal Meteorological
Society (RMetS), a leading professional and learned society in
the field of meteorology, to publish all five of its journals.
This agreement expands an established relationship for Wiley to
publish the RMetS journals International Journal of Climatology
and Atmospheric Science Letters. Wiley will now publish The
Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society,
Meteorological Applications, and Weather. With this agreement,
Wiley becomes the exclusive publisher of all the RMetS journals.

"RMetS is one of the leading global organizations supporting and
disseminating research in the meteorological sciences to a broad
range of users. We have always valued our relationship with the
Society and are delighted to now be selected as their exclusive
publisher. This important partnership will further extend Wiley's
presence in this vital area of research activity," said Dr.
Michael Davis, Vice President and Publishing Director, STM.

Wiley and the RMetS have worked together since 1980, when they
launched the International Journal of Climatology, "For over 25
years, Wiley has been one of our partners in delivering the
latest meteorological information and research to our members and
readers," said Dr. Richard Pettifer, Executive Director, RMetS.
"We are pleased to extend this successful relationship,
establishing Wiley as our sole publishing partner for all of our
journals and bringing them into a single portfolio."

RMetS journals attract a wide range of readers, from interested
amateurs, through operational meteorologists to professional
researchers. The flagship publication, The Quarterly Journal of
the Royal Meteorological Society, is regarded as one of the
world's leading meteorological journals, offering original
research in the atmospheric sciences, applied meteorology and
physical oceanography. Meteorological Applications includes
papers, reports and reviews on all aspects of meteorological
science for applied meteorologists, forecasters and users of
meteorological services. Written for a wide range of readers,
Weather offers articles of general interest to professional
meteorologists, as well as individuals with a general interest in
weather.

###