Transitioning to open access

I've started a series called "Transitioning to open access" on my
blog.  The idea is to examine some of the implications of the
growing trend toward open access for libraries and publishers,
and make some suggestions to ease the transition for everyone
involved.

The first post in this series looks at this prediction
(hypothesis):

Prediction (hypothesis): Journals with strong support for open
access, high quality and no or reasonable processing fees will
see increasing article submissions. Strong support for open
access could mean either open access publishing, or very
friendly, easy to find, understand and follow self-archiving
policies.

In brief, my conclusion is that strong support for open access by
journals and publishers is a good business decision, and one that
libraries are well advised to support.

For details, see:  http://tinyurl.com/maqpa

Heather G. Morrison
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com