RE: Seeking contributors for a new Against the Grain column: "How=09 We Done It Bad"

Tales from the crypt

It's not new but it was a shambles, and if you can find a copy of
this citation:

KUMISKI, Dariusz; McSEAN, Tony, BONNETT, Penelope.
Using new telecommunications technologies to bridge the information gap:
satellite-based document delivery between London and Warsaw.  In:
Information transfer: new age  - new ways. (Proceedings of the Third
European Conference of Medical Libraries). Bakker, Suzanne, Cleland,
Monique, editors. Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1993.

then you will have a good laugh.  The NLM will have a copy, but
sadly mine has gone missing.  It was an early attempt to deliver
scanned documents by satellite and despite a huge amount of
effort and top class technical wizardry, it never really worked.

You're welcome to use it, and if you're really keen I could fill
in the "now it can be told" gaps in the paper.

Regards,

Tony McSean
Director of Library Relations
Elsevier