Taylor & Francis Group adds most journals to the 2005 Social Sciences

Journal Citation ReportsR
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:50:42 EDT
Sender: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

Apologies for cross posting.

PRESS RELEASE 21 July 2006

Taylor & Francis Group adds most journals to the 2005 Social
Sciences Journal Citation Reports(r)

Routledge (part of Taylor & Francis Group) added more journals to
the Social Sciences Journal Citation Reports(r) (JCRs(r)) in 2005
than any other publisher. In total, 11 Routledge journals were
added to Social Sciences JCR(r) coverage, including 4 top 10
titles. Taylor & Francis, Routledge and Informa Healthcare
collectively added 18 journals to the Science and Social Sciences
JCRs(r).

American Journal of Bioethics appears in the JCRs(r) for the
first time, with an Impact Factor of 2.509. AJB entered as the
top-ranked journal in 3 categories - History & Philosophy of
Science (Science Edition), Ethics and Medical Ethics. 'The
American Journal of Bioethics has become the obvious and
overwhelming leader among every journal in every relevant
category,' says Professor Glenn McGee, Editor-in-Chief of AJB.
'The Impact Factor we received has already begun to change
everything for us. Routledge and Taylor & Francis made that
happen, with a strong commitment to quality publishing, customer
service, editorial office support whenever we need it, and first
rate aggregation technology.'

Taylor & Francis and Routledge now have 451 journals listed in
the Science and Social Sciences JCRs(r), across subject areas
including Geography, Education, Sociology, Planning, Area
Studies, Economics, International Relations, Anthropology,
Politics, Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Life Science,
Mathematics, Engineering and Earth Science.

'We are delighted that more social science journals from
Routledge have been newly added to the Journal Citation
Reports(r)  and have gained Impact Factors in 2005 than those
from any other publisher', said Dr David Green, Global Journals
Publishing Director. 'This is a testimony to our innovation
strategy, ability to spot emerging trends in the major
disciplines, and the hard work of our editors and authors. We
will continue to launch new social science journals in response
to academic developments.'

'Our learned society and university partners value our ability to
connect their journals with core research networks around the
world, particularly in leading edge research, and the high
citation levels this creates.,' added Dr Green.

Nearly two-thirds of Taylor & Francis, Routledge and Informa
Healthcare journals listed in the 2005 JCRs(r) increased their
Impact Factor compared to 2004. More than half of these saw
improvements of over 25%and 69 journals now appear in the top 10
of their JCR category. Top ranked journals include Critical
Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, International Journal of
Radiation Biology and Ethnicity & Health.

Other highlights include:

* Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology - now
7/140 in Environmental Sciences, up from 30/134 in 2004 *
Political Communication - now 4/42 in Communication, up from
22/42 in 2004 * Avian Pathology - now 6/129 in Veterinary
Sciences, up from 19/124 in 2004 * Mechanics of Advanced
Materials and Structures - now 4/25 in Materials Science,
Characterization & Testing, up from 15/23 in 2004 * Feminist
Economics - now 3/27 in Women's Studies, up from 14/27 in 2004

About Taylor & Francis, Routledge and Informa Healthcare

Taylor & Francis, Routledge and Informa Healthcare are part of
Informa plc, one of the world's leading publishers of academic
journals. We are dedicated to the dissemination of scholarly
information, drawing on expertise developed since we first began
publishing learned journals in 1798. We now publish 1,105
scholarly journals in association with 340 learned societies and
scholarly institutions. We operate from a network of 19 global
offices, including Philadelphia, Oxford, Melbourne, Stockholm,
Beijing, New Delhi and Singapore.

Contact: Bev Acreman, +44 (0) 207 017 6204; e-mail:
beverley.acreman@tandf.co.uk.

All data from the 2005 Journal Citations Reports(r) published by Thomson
Scientific, 2006

Ashleigh Bell
Head of Journals Sales
Ashleigh.Bell@tandf.co.uk
Taylor & Francis Group, 4 Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon,
Oxfordshire, OX14 4RN, UK.
Taylor & Francis Group is the Academic Division of informa plc