From: "Indiana Univ. Math. J." <iumj@indiana.edu>
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: Oxford Journals release preliminary findings from open access
experiments: final report now available online

When I find a publisher whose print journals are at the (very) high end of the spectrum *and* which also advocates Open Access, I ask myself: What's wrong with my brain---why does it expect coherence...? Maybe there is a vast conspiracy out there :-) Maybe the "big publishers" advocate OA as a means to make sure that the small, independent journals go out the board?

Would someone care to list all the "big publishers" whose *majority* of print journals are expensive (take the per page cost, if you will) and who also advocate OA?

Best, Elena Fraboschi