Cambridge Impact Factors Rise 15%

With apologies for cross-posting

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

20th July 2006, Cambridge, England, UK & New York, USA

Cambridge University Press sees rise in journal Impact Factors

According to the Thomson ISI 2005 Journal Citation Reports (JCR),
the entire Cambridge Journals list shows an average increase in
Impact Factor of 15.1% from 2004 to 2005.  To place this in
context, the equivalent changes in the aggregated Impact Factors
of all the journals in the subject categories in which Cambridge
journals sit, amounted to an average increase of only 6.9%.
Cambridge journals are therefore outperforming their aggregated
competitors by a factor of more than two.  Two Cambridge
journals: Laser and Particle Beams and The British Journal for
the History of Science, showed vast increases of 350.4% and
106.6%, respectively.

The Editorial Director at Cambridge Journals, Geoff Nuttall, had
the following to say; "This is excellent news for our journals.
We are devoted to working with our editors, subscribers and
societies in order to expand our journals? readerships and
enhance their content in order to attain the best Impact Factors
possible.  This news shows that the roll-out of our recent
investment, restructuring and expansion plans was well-timed and
will further boost our ability to publish more journals to our
already high standards."

These results confirm that when researchers choose to publish
with Cambridge Journals they are not only benefiting from the
quality and status of our Journals, but also from exposure to the
widest possible global audience.  An audience profile that can
only be delivered by one of the most widely recognised, respected
and established names in academic publishing.

Cambridge University Press shares the goals, ideals and genuine
not-for profit status of our partner societies, and we work
closely with societies and editors to ensure the optimum success
of each journal within its discipline.

For further information regarding Impact Factors please go to:
http://www.scientific.thomson.com/

For further information regarding Cambridge Impact Factors
contact: gswanson@cambridge.org

About Cambridge University Press Journals

Cambridge University Press publishes over 200 peer-reviewed
academic journals across a wide spread of subject areas, in print
and online. Many of these journals are the leading academic
publications in their fields and together they form one of the
most valuable and comprehensive bodies of research available
today.

About Cambridge University Press

Cambridge University Press is the publishing division of the
University of Cambridge, one of the world?s leading research
institutions and winner of 81 Nobel Prizes. Cambridge University
Press advances learning, knowledge and research worldwide. It
publishes over 200 journals and over 2,500 books a year for
distribution in more than 200 countries.

Other links:

For Cambridge University Press please go to: http://www.cambridge.org
For The University of Cambridge please go to: http://www.cam.ac.uk

Susan Soule