Institutional affiliation of authors

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently conducting a study on eastern and southern African
research productivity in HIV/AIDS using Thomson scientific's
science indicators and some of the entities that I am evaluating
are authors, institutions and countries as producers of HIV/AIDS
research in and about E&S Africa. I came across a problem in
identifying authors based in African institutions. I do not know
if it is only I who has a problem with such identification. Take
for instance the following:

AU
Kivihya-Ndugga, LEA
Van Cleeff, MRA
Githui, WA
Nganga, LW
Kibuga, DK
Odhiambo, JA
Klatser, PR

C1  KIT, Dept Biomed Res, NL-1105 AZ Amsterdam, Netherlands.
CRDR, Kenya Med Res Inst, Nairobi, Kenya.
KIT, Royal Trop Inst, Dept Hlth, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
CDC, Nairobi, Kenya.
NLTP, Minist Hlth, Nairobi, Kenya.

In the above example, the record contains 7 authors while there
are 5 institutions to which the authors belong (are affiliated).
My problem is: how could one identify the institution, for
instance, that the first author on the list belongs to?
Seemingly, there are more than one author who belong to one
institution. How could one tell who that are? I noticed that
sometimes the sequencing of authors and that of the institutions
do not correlate, is that true?

Regards
Bosire Onyancha
PhD Student