MPS Technologies and Ex Libris Perform SUSHI Usage Data Transfer for Yale University Library

Apologies for cross-posting - this may be of interest to the list:

MPS Technologies and Ex Libris Perform SUSHI Usage Data Transfer for
Yale University Library

London, UK and Boston, MA

MPS Technologies and the Ex Libris(tm) Group announce a
successful transfer of Yale University usage data between their
systems using the automated SUSHI protocol.  This test has been
made in preparation for future integration of ScholarlyStats
usage data into Verde(r), the Ex Libris ERM system.  This will
provide Verde libraries with access to a suite of integrated
reports combining usage data with other subscription, holdings,
and pricing information.

The emerging SUSHI standard
(www.niso.org/committees/SUSHI/SUSHI_comm) was the natural
technology choice for delivering data collected and cleaned up by
ScholarlyStats into Verde.  The delivery of ScholarlyStats
reports will make it possible for Verde to automatically
integrate the latest usage data from over 35 major vendor
platforms with other subscription information.

Ted Koppel, Verde Product Manager, Ex Libris said "The SUSHI
protocol shows tremendous potential as an efficient means for
libraries to collect usage statistics for expanded analysis of
their electronic resources.  We're happy to be working with both
Yale and MPS in this step towards integration of SUSHI into our
Verde Electronic Resource Management system."

Jayne Marks, CEO, MPS Technologies said "Since MPS is dedicated
to improving the value of usage statistics for library users, we
are very pleased to collaborate with Ex Libris. Our aim will be
to work towards a new view option for our librarians in addition
to the service available through their ScholarlyStats portal."

About MPS Technologies and ScholarlyStats

MPS Technologies provides a range of technology-driven services
specifically designed to support libraries and publishers. These
services include web analytics, fulfillment services and content
delivery.  MPS Technologies is part of the Macmillan group of
companies and has offices in London, Boston, New York,
Basingstoke, Hamburg and Delhi.

ScholarlyStats provides libraries across the globe with
consolidated vendor usage statistics.  ScholarlyStats collects,
standardizes and consolidates journal and database usage reports,
providing libraries with a single point of access to their
valuable usage data.

www.mpstechnologies.com <http://www.mpstechnologies.com/>
www.scholarlystats.com <http://www.scholarlystats.com/>

About Ex Libris and Verde

Ex Libris is a leading worldwide developer and provider of
high-performance applications for libraries, information centers,
and researchers, with installations in 62 countries. ALEPH(r),
the Ex Libris integrated library solution, has been installed at
over 1700 sites worldwide. MetaLib(r), the information portal for
library collections, and SFX(r), the context-sensitive linking
solution for heterogeneous electronic resources in the scholarly
information environment, have collectively been purchased by over
950 institutions in 40 countries. DigiTool(r), a solution for the
construction of digital collections, and Verde, the electronic
resource management (ERM) system, have been warmly adopted by
customers worldwide.

Primo(r), our next-generation, user-centric discovery and
delivery solution--and the newest addition to the Ex Libris
product suite--was launched at the ALA Annual Conference in New
Orleans in June 2006.

For additional information on Ex Libris, please see:
http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/ <http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/> For
additional information on Verde, please see:
http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/verde.htm.

Media Contacts

MPS Technologies
Rupert Bacon