RE: Print-Only Subscription Trend

Dear Kim,

I assume you are talking about only institutional subscriptions.
Many Duke UP titles would be expected to have a significant
number of individual copies. If I were a constant reader of one
of your titles, I might want a print-only copy to supplement my
library's e-only, or even e+print.

If it is only institutional, then I would be interested to know
what the proportions are by size/type of library and by
geographic region.

The only explanations I can give is that it is done either:

1/in very small colleges

2/ by librarians that are totally dominated by faculty who do not
know what they are doing

3/ in more tradition-bound countries

4/ humanities are peculiar. .

This would be a occasion for some of those publishers on this
list who generally do not post to share their unique
knowledge--anonymously if necessary

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University