Errors in author's versions

I propose 2 working hypothesis:

I. There are no published medical articles having an author's OA
version differing from the publisher's version, where the
author's OA version has a error critically affecting patient
care, and the publisher's version does not have the error.

II. There are no published medical articles having an author's OA
version differing from the publisher's versions, where the
publisher's version has a error critically affecting patient
care, and the author's OA version does not have the error.

I also propose the stronger hypotheses:

III. There are no published scholarly scientific articles having
an author's OA version differing from the publisher's version,
where the author's OA version has a error invalidating the
article as a whole, and the publisher's version does not have the
error.

IV. There are no published scholarly scientific articles having
an author's OA versions differing from the publisher's version,
where the publisher's version has a error invalidating the
article as a whole, and the author's OA version does not have the
error.

I propose these as hypotheses; I know of no examples
contradicting any of the four, and several knowledgable people
have also no examples to offer.

(There will presumably be some less drastic differences, whose
frequency and importance is a matter for further investigation.)

Examples will be of interest, online or off.

I mention that I expected to easily identify a significant number
of such examples, and have failed to find any; I have not the
least idea or prejudice whether such articles do exist.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University
and formerly