Re: practical solution

Dear mark,

There are always more left. There is always one of borderline
relevance.

When advanageous, I was certainly prepared to make an argument
that it was impossible, but I doubt even the dean believed it.

The benefit /cost ratio of any libraries' periodical list is a
continuum. There is no sharp break between those to cancel and
those to keep. One goes from the bottom, cancelling until the
necessary money has been saved.  Yes, of those I cancelled when I
was a selector maybe 1/2 would have been kept with abundant
money, but I always had a list ready for next year.

There is **always** one still at the bottom.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University
and formerly