Atypon relaunches Atypon Link

The below information may be of interest to Lib License readers

OXFORD, UK - 30th June 2006 - Atypon today announced the release
of the upgraded Atypon Link platform, and further enhanced
functionality to assist publishers to manage their subscriptions
and user accounts.

Since Atypon acquired Extenza e-Publishing Services last year we
have been busy porting all our new publisher partners onto the
Atypon platform and developing the necessary processes and
infrastructure to support them. Whilst we continue to develop and
refine these areas, we have also been busy behind the scenes
re-designing the site to improve its 'look and feel', reflect our
own corporate colours, incorporate its new logo and its new brand
name of 'Atypon Link'.

Our Publisher partners were given a preview of the new site at
the beginning of June which also gave them time to inform their
end users of the new URL www.atypon-link.com

"Since we took on board our new Link publisher partners last
year, (from the old Extenza service),we have been focused on
reviewing and upgrading all the services, support processes and
personnel we feel they should enjoy as an Atypon customer.  But
behind the scenes we have also been very busy re-designing the
site to improve its look and feel, better reflect our own
corporate colours as well as show off its new name of Atypon
Link.  I am delighted that the re-design upgrade is now complete.
We are pleased with how the new site looks and have received
positive feedback from our publishers and their end users." said
Martin Marlow, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.

Alongside the re-brand, Atypon have also made some significant
enhancements to the functionality available on the Atypon Link
service.  Publishers can now enjoy fully automated subscription
uploads.  Publishers can upload their own subscription files
automatically which are processed in real-time.  Once a file has
been uploaded successfully, end-users will have immediate access
to their subscription.

We have also added a new page to the publisher admin interface
where publishers will be able to view their end-users account and
check whether they have activated their subscriptions.

Martin Marlow said "By moving the Extenza publishers onto the
Atypon platform they were able to benefit immediately from a
broad range of features and functionality that they hadn't had
access to before.  However it has always been our intention to
use our technology to continually improve the service options
available to our publisher partners.  The automated subscription
upload process and the improvements to the publisher admin
interface were developed after long consultation with partners
who wanted more advanced (and flexible) control over these vital
elements of their "back office".  By giving our partners the
tools to directly manage their users subscriptions upload and
activation, they now have this flexibility and a much improved
view of their users activities and service needs"

Atypon Link

Atypon Link provides publishers a cost-effective, simple-to-use
content hosting and delivery service which allows publishers to
launch and manage their content online.  Publishers benefit from
a well-managed outsourced e-publishing service that requires
minimal in-house resources. There are currently 45 publishers,
using Atypon Link today, with more being added as new publishers
continue to come on board.

About Atypon

Since 1996, Atypon has focused on providing software and services
to the information industry.

Atypon offers a suite of software and services for the
information industry. Atypon has two electronic publishing
services, Atypon Link and Atypon Premium that together with other
custom services provide services to over 65publishers.  These
clients include major websites such as Blackwell-Synergy, Annual
Reviews, and CrossRef as well as mid-sized commercial and not-for
profit publishers. Atypon Link provides a fully managed low-cost
e-publishing solution to a growing group of international
publishers including Walter de Gruyter, the American Marketing
Association, and Thomas Telford. Other Atypon services include
PDFplus, which dynamically adds links to PDFs, and LINKplus, a
full service linking solution for publishers.

The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with
offices in New York and Oxford.  For more information on Atypon,
please visit http://www.atypon.com.

####