A comment (RE: Accession suggestion)

An initial reaction:

> The Library's main interface,
> http://nsdl.org, as well as the vast majority (>95%) of content
> resources described in the database, are free of charge.

This looks like a great resource at first, but I'm concerned about the
"95% free" part.  It's not obvious to the first-time user which parts of
the content are actually freely available and which are not.  The first
title on which I clicked (Emerald Engineering) pops up with a message
saying that its content will be available to the public only until
September of 2006.

It appears to me that if I have a record for this resource placed in our
online catalog, we're going to be giving patrons the appearance of
access, but that actual access to its content will be spotty and
unpredictable.  Am I mistaken about this?

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries