RE: Take that for a yes.

> I said I would give you all the money you need.  Now money is
> taken care
> of.  Is OA a good idea?

My $.02 on this question:

Sure, it's a great idea -- as long as the unlimited funding for OA isn't
being siphoned away from something that's an even better idea than OA.
In the real world, any funding model will involve opportunity costs that
need to be taken into consideration.  So given a choice between, say,
universal OA and universal health care, the better choice is obviously
not OA.  (The vast majority of people would clearly benefit much more
from universal access to doctors than from universal access to medical
journal articles.)

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition